Monday, September 21, 2009

Heather's history of couponing

.....so here goes, I am going to start my own coupon blog! This is for all of my friends and family who need me to stop talking about coupons and good deals. I will write it all here. If you are interested, you can come read it.

This is how it all started.....

Last April, I was laid up for a week in bed (actually the couch to be accurate - I wasn't exactly in a desireable postion to be wanted by others). I completely ran out of things to do on the internet, and had exhausted the DVR and somehow I came across a couponing blog. It wasn't a very good one, but it had a link to one of the blogs that is now one of my favorites (http://jane4girls800dollarannualbudget.blogspot.com/) . She only spends $800 a year on groceries. And pet food. And eating out. And toiletries. My mind was completely blown. Anyone who knows me knows I am one of the cheapest biatches you will ever meet and $800 might have lasted me 2 months. I used to always shop at Grocery Outlet (or as Randy lovingly called it, expired food store) and only went to the grocery store for produce, meat and dairy.
Now I had all of this crazy coupon stuff to read about. And I did....for days. I didn't have much else going on!!

So I started, and haven't looked back....I have saved a bundle and the real miracle of it is that I have enough food on hand here to last weeks. Before I could barely stock enough for a few days.

I have read the coupon blogs diligently over the past few months, and I have to tell you. There are some major differences between me and the other nice ladies who write coupon blogs. I am nat a stay at home mom. I neither stay home, or am a mom. So, I work my full time job (9 months a year) and get the good deals after work and on the weekends.

Since I do have a full time job, I won't be posting things that are interesting to everyone, probably just the really good stuff. Or the stuff that is interesting to me. I know, narcissism. But whatever.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment